Monday, May 12, 2008

Well...

Well, it has been a busy week, to say the least. I got my final exam results today in the mail... and I passed. One of my main goals in school was to pass every board exam on the first try, no matter what my score was, AND I DID IT! I have now officially earned the RDH that will follow my name.
I have to say thanks so much for all my family, friends, and of course Brett, who have been so supportive and knew I could do it. I still can't believe I am done with school.
This is what our house currently looks like. The heating/AC, plumbing, electrical will be done this week. We are hoping for our 4-way next week.

The back of the house
GO JAZZ!!! We were lucky enough to go to the Jazz game on Friday when they BEAT the Lakers. It was an awesome game, and of course we wore our free Jazz t-shirts



If you have ever heard of David Archuleta, he did a great job singing the national anthem. I have it recorded, but I couldn't figure out how to download it. The crowd cheered as loud for him as they did for the Jazz!



Saturday we found ourselves in the ambulance and ER for Brett. He was roping in a roping in Lehi and got his rope caught around his finger, and we thought his whole thumb was gone. Once we got to the hospital and cut off his glove, it was discovered no bones were actually broken, just severely dislocated and his bone was sticking out of his skin. We were so relieved that no surgery was going to be involved, and his thumb would not be completely amputated. The doctor sutured up his thumb the same way we learned in school (on pigs feet), and I offered to do it, but Brett wasn't going for it (the doctor even admitted he learned on pigs feet also)!!!
It was such a crazy day, and we are so lucky Brett's injuries weren't worse.



Once we got home, Brett was in so much pain and crashed on the couch, where he has been sleeping.
His hand is very swollen now, and he is still in a lot of pain, but hopefully the next few days will get better.







3 comments:

Rommel and Christy said...

Hey Lyndsey! It's Christy. Cute house and OUCH for Brett. I hope he is feeling better. Nice job on the written! I am SO glad we are done!

Munchkin Inc. said...

The house is coming along nicely. Tell Brett that this would never have happened if he was vegetarian ;) and didn't torture helpless animals. Hope he's feeling better soon. CRAZY X-RAY. Congrats to you on your awesome test results. I am so excited to get started working. That sounds silly and I will probably laugh at myself someday for saying that.

Erika and Amos said...

Hey Lindsey! I like your pictures. I'm so glad we all passed and can add the RDH to our names.
I updated my blog, take a look at it.