Saturday, April 2, 2011

St. George 10K

Last year me, Becky, and Lorrie ran the Spectrom 10K race in St. George and had fun. Bryan and Daniele bought a house down there last year also and it was Whitney's idea to run it again. So we got a group of girls all signed up and ready to go- and then Whitney bailed on us!


To be fair, Whitney is going to BYU and has been super busy finishing up her teaching degree. Oh, and she may be a little behind in her school work because of her new FIANCE!!!!! That's right, my niece is engaged and is getting married. Am I really getting that old? I couldn't be happier for her and Chris, I think they are very cute together and make a great couple. I'm also a little stoked because once again we will have the same last name- she is marrying Chris Christensen (who happens to have the same name as Brett's grandpa. funny huh?)



Anyway, there were 7 of us total, and we crashed at Bryan and Daniele's. Funny story- Tracy stopped and bought new running shoes before going to St. George. Once she got down there the store called her to tell her they accidentally had two different size shoes in her box- one 7 and one 8. Since she wears an 8 the shoes wouldn't work for the race- luckily she had her old running shoes with her. So we are sitting around Friday around 10 at night and we start talking about running shoes. Becky goes to pull her shoes out of her bag and realizes she forgot her running shoes at home. Oops. Becky wears a 6.5 and Tracy offers her the mismatched shoes to wear. So she wears them and finishes the race with a new personal fastest time- 55 min!!



At the start of the race at Snow Canyon. Daniele didn't run but cheered us on at the bottom



Lorrie decided she wanted to carry my camera and take pics along the route. It was funny looking at all her pics

As you can tell, we aren't the fastest runners there. Holy cow do people take their running seriously!




This picture cracks me up. Her face is a little redder towards the end. lol


Is she interested in buying this home?


Lorrie also had a new personal best time. That's great- my time was about the same as last years. :(


My cousin Niesha and her daugther Kiegan ran it with us also. I was super jealous because after the race they headed to San Felipe for a week of relaxation.


At the end


I was bummed because I didn't get many other pictures, or even a picture with everyone in it.

1 comments:

Crazy Like a Fox said...

Fun pics! I did so good :). it actually helped take my mind off the running. in the pic just below our starting ones, the girl right in front of me with the headphones is Niesha. The house is one that Niesha, Jennifer and me went to during the parade of homes a few years ago.

We did great - and maybe even next year, we'll get Whitney and Daniele to do it with us :)