Thursday, July 14, 2011

My computer is having a slight blog overload, I'm a little behind.



Oh well. My grandma has a sign at her house that says "I'm so far behind I thought I was first" That's how I feel sometimes, and I have absolutely no excuse.





We went to Arizona over the 4th of July to visit Shalice and Dusty and we had a ton of fun. However, it was SOOO hot. Lucky for us we relaxed and floated the Salt River to keep cool. Since I didn't dare take my camera, this is about the only pic I got of it.







Shalice making our yummy lunch to take with us on our tubes










If you know Shalice and Dusty they are HUGE into food. So we went to all local places to eat during our stay and it was all so yummy. They have tons of magazines with local reviews, etc. and they try them all out. Off the top of my head I can't remember them all, but some places were Sakana sushi and Grill, Liberty Market, Four Peaks Brewery, and Smash Burger. YUM!






We were able to visit my grandparents while there. We don't get to see them very much and we had a great time catching up.





THE BEST SUSHI ANYWHERE!





















We hosted a Father's Day dinner for all of Brett's family and it was really fun to have everyone come. Happy (late) Father's Day to all dads, we think Clay and Fred happen to be the best!







Grandpa Marx opening presents










Celebrating Stacie and Candice's Birthday in June












My niece Teryn just started Cheerleading and they had a fundraiser at Texas Roadhouse. It was a little (or a lot) chaotic having 5th graders serve you, but it was really fun! Good job Teryn










On the south side of Genola there is this structure on the mountain. I have wondered all my life what it is, and I still have no idea. But we rode the four-wheelers down and decided to check it out. I have been looking on the internet and still have no clue... so if anyone knows, please fill me in.










3 comments:

Crazy Like a Fox said...

i love your pics - especially the one with G&G.

chantelle said...

Hi!! i found your blog on Jennells and thaught i would answer your thing. that place on the mountain is where they would mine copper and ore and they would pump water up there from warm springs and it like sifted the copper out through all those weird round things. that's why the warm springs is really blue green, from all the copper. back in the day, it was all enclosed and there was a town there called Harold. the only reason i know this is because i read it in the genola history book at church one day while i was bored out of my mind in the library. so there's your history lesson for the day. :)

Lyndsey said...

Thanks Chantelle, I have always wondered that. Makes sense because those springs really are very blue.