Friday, December 3, 2010

Thanksgiving

Although I hate the cold, I love this time of year- always so busy and so much fun.
Thanksgiving this year was great, a good way to start the holiday season.
Lorrie "conned" us all into doing a 5k on Thanksgiving. Me, Lorrie, and Becky did one last year- and I thought LAST year was cold- wow it was cold this year.
I wanted to bail out, they Lorrie and Whitney made me feel guilty.
It was -2 when I left my house in the morning. It was MAYBE 5-7 during the race.


Tracy, Whitney, Me, Brittany, and Lorrie are the only ones who braved the cold. Oh, and Brent- who took all the pictures, parked along the route to cheer us on, and waited at the end.
Brett stayed home to rope in the "Genola Thanksgiving Roping". haha, I love Genola.


We ate at Brett's grandparents and had a great time.

Brett with his Grandpa Marx and his mom.

Brett and Grandma Marx

Us at my mom and Fred's for seconds on the Dessert :)

Me and Brett have been gradually painting/"sprucing up" Mom and Fred's house. So far, so good. There are a lot of walls so we may be on the 6 month remodel program. lol

Brett and Fred working their magic.


Bryan and Brett on Thanksgiving on an already finished wall.

It was Clay's (Brett's dad) Birthday and we celebrated at Dinner with the family.



2 comments:

Crazy Like a Fox said...

I conned no one! it was all Whitney's fault!! But, aren't you glad you ran it now? Ah, memories :). Mom's is looking great - you and Brett have been busy!

Shalice said...

Mom's does look great, not sure if Fred is doing a lot of work there looks more like he is supervising Brett, what sweater are you wearing on Thanksgiving? I like it!