Monday, August 31, 2009

Hiking Timp

My family decided to hike Timp and we signed up to go. We couldn't figure out why we had to start at 4:00 a.m. and we almost bailed out. On our way down the mountain 8 hrs later I figured out why we left so early- good idea. The hike was great, and VERY long. We had 10 in our group and everyone was very sore after.
Brett celebrated his 26th Birthday recently- Happy Bithday Brett!
Me and Brett at 4:00 a.m. before starting to hike

Hiking on the trail (the right trail). We started out on the wrong trail to begin with (it was dark and nobody knew where to start). After 45 min on the wrong trail we started on the right one.




View from the top looking over Lehi and Saratoga, etc.

Starting out the hike


Sunrise


View from the top




Lorrie and Bryan




Mountain Goat- there were TONS of these. We also saw two huge Moose




Us at the top- I can't believe I was still smiling, that hike was hard!



At the summit

On the trail (before Brett left me, he's quite the hiker- I'm a little slower)




After the exhausting hike we decided to float the Provo River with Shalice, Dusty and Austin. It was so much fun but because I didn't have a disposable camera this is the only shot I got.



Wow, what a busy weekend- we can barely walk. Good news is tonight is the annual golf tournament.... can't wait for that!

2 comments:

Crazy Like a Fox said...

Woohoo! What a hike! What an experience!

Roberts Family Ramblings said...

You guys have all the fun!! :)