Thursday, November 19, 2009

Greatest Gift Ever

I usually don't get too hung up on telling everyone how great and how much I love my husband on our blog.... but today is an exception.
Me and Brett aren't into buying lots of stuff for each other, but rather do fun things together. For our anniversary this year (it was in June) Brett didn't have a present but said he was having something made for me- a jewelry box (and he really stressed it was no ordinary jewelry box).
Well months turned into months and every now and again he would promise me someday I would have my present. To be honest I had actually kindof forgotten about it until he came home last weekend with it- AND IT WAS WELL WORTH THE WAIT!
Brett talked a guy who has only made a few of these to make me one (he said it took months of coaxing because it takes a long time and he didn't want to build it). It took him over 60 hours and has over 72 pieces involved. It took Brett over 7 hours to finish it. It is the best gift anyone has ever given me by far and will definitely be something we hand down to our kids.
It is wormy maple and Brett did a clear finish with a little tint. Its almost two feet tall and is very heavy. My pictures don't do it justice, you have to see it to appreciate it.

This is with all the parts open. The top opens, the middle opens and is for my necklaces, and the bottom opens also

Just the top part open


All the detail


Thanks to Brett, I love him so much and feel very lucky to be with someone so awesome.

6 comments:

Shalice said...

Holy Crap, I thought I had a cool jewelry box! That is so awesome can't wait to see it!

Nikki Winters said...

Wow! Lindsay that is the coolest. I love it!

Brody and Jen said...

Jess was telling me about your jewelry box, I had to look for my self. I love it, it is so pretty.

Rusty and Jessica Terry said...

What a great gift. I love the jewelry box, so cool

Crazy Like a Fox said...

You do have a great hubby, and that is a gorgeous jewelry box!

maria said...

wow you are one lucky lady!